Thursday, April 28, 2011

Walkin’ around money

Spring flowers along the road between Houston and San Antonio
IMG_2390
It has always been my want, when I have had the capability, to have some ‘walkin’ around money’ on my person. Like I inferred that hasn’t always been the case but mostly I try to have $50 or a $100 with me. It’s just easier that way. Cash works and I know my balance by looking in my wallet. And I think it lessens some of the chance for Identity Theft. I really don’t like giving my credit or debit card to some of the people out there working today and see them walk away to do ‘who knows what’ with it? I’m talking about restaurants specifically, because based on the number of times we eat out we have lots of exposure to shenanigans with our cards. So……..yesterday we went to the hospital for my latest procedure and I left some cash here in the motorhome in my little ‘possibles’ drawer just because………..well, you understand. So this AM I opened my drawer to get one of my ‘possibles’. A‘possible’ is something that you may possibly need and so you keep it or them in a known location. Fist place to look when you’re looking for something. A little bit different than the ‘first out’ box. That’s the box that goes on the picnic table to hold all the stuff you need first when setting up. Anyway, I opened my ‘possibles’ drawer and said “Holy Crap” where’d all this money come from? I had forgotten. So Kat says, “who cares, just close it and open it again!” Gosh I like Kat and the way she thinks. Unfortunately, this time it didn’t work. Damn!!!!
So my procedure. We went in for my six month change. I had the stent replaced by cystoscopy. This was a little different than the first time. That was done by poking a hole in my back. A cystoscopy goes through the front door. Not my recommended way of getting from A to B if you get my meaning. There was a chance they could remove the thing, stent, but no luck this time. So I have a new stent and I’m good for another six months. But the last couple of days have been no fun. I’m in day two of being constantly linked to the bathroom. Getting a little better, but it seems I pee about every 32 seconds. Well…….that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s often, very often. It’s also uncomfortable. And that is an understatement! But like I said, it’s getting a little better. And I’m trying to drink lots of fluids. That seems kind of counter productive but it is what I’m supposed to do. Other than that all is well. Looking to get back to Pickleball next week. Until then it's 'Piss Fire' and save matches.

We awoke to another real nice Texas morning. It has been kind of hot but the last couple of days have been a little cooler. Very nice mornings. The windows are open, fans are blowing and there’s a real good Texas breeze moving things around too. I can hear the trains a couple of miles away, Air Force fighter jets coming and going from Randolph AFB (the sound of freedom) and the birds are singing away. We have Redbirds (cardinals), House Finch, Red Wing blackbirds, White Winged doves, a Black Crested Titmouse (is that the singular of Titmice?) and maybe a Chickadee? And there was another Katism this morning. Get it? KATism. I got up to pee, of course, and went back to bed and got an immediate back rub. I was purring away and said “this must be my lovely wife” only to get this response. “it better be, ‘cause it’s too early in the morning for murder”!
I’m a happy man! Gotta’ pee!

No comments: