Thursday, June 10, 2010

Upper Stamp







So here we are in to our second month at Upper Stamp Creek. A real tough gig. Well, not so much really. The park is open on weekends only and our job, if you could call it that, is to watch the place during the week. So we lock it up Monday afternoon and kind of watch the place until Friday morning. Mostly its walk or drive through and make sure nobody enters the park through the boat ramp which can’t be seen from where we are. Like I said, “tough gig”.

The real work goes to Jim and Glenda. They are the contract folks who do the real work on weekends and staff the gatehouse. But it’s a small park and they’re not complaining. They came from a much larger park and this is only 20 sites so they will be staying and coming back. Real nice folks! We get along well and more often than not have our social and cocktail hour at five or six o’clock to close the day. Sometimes if they are working we just put our chairs in front of the gatehouse so they can continue to work. A couple of days ago Jim got and split a watermelon for us all. Very tough gig!

Just recently Jim (see above) helped me do a ‘service’ on the MH.
Over the past several years, maybe even decades now (Damn!), I have gotten away from doing my own work. It was too easy to go to Jiffy Lube, or cars became more complicated and just more difficult to work on. Even harder to work on because of the need for bifocals. (How do you get your head in that position?) Anyway, I got use to having it done and paying for it. So Jim says “I’d be glad to take care of it for you”. I said “Cool!” Well I couldn’t just let Jim do it all so I got involved and rediscovered how easy it is. Mostly I guess because there is lots of room under these ‘big rigs’ to crawl around; even for an old fat guy! And with all the time I want and lots of time I can even get my head in the right position to see what I’m doing. So I’m genuinely excited. I mean that saved me a couple hundred bucks. And now I can do it myself for the next 15 services and even I can do the math there! Soooo………………… THANK YOU JIM !!!!

So Kat went to get pizza that night for ‘social hour’. A really tough gig!

We’ve seen my old friend and “best man” Doug who lives down the road in Marietta. We took in a ballgame in Gwinnette County. The AAA ‘G’ Braves, a farm club of the Atlanta Braves. And we’re just kind of ‘hanging out’. Catching up on reading, carving and motorhome maintenance. It’s still a lot to keep clean and polished. Kat enjoys her knitting, farming at Farmville, and shopping in Cartersville.

Life is good!

No comments: