Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little Theater
















Early on I got kind of roped in to Little Theater. Just another of the activities here at Bentsen Grove. There’s clogging, line dancing, Melody Theater, holiday shows, fun night, and probably a couple I have missed. All sorts of ways to strut your stuff or make a fool of yourself on stage.
Pictured are the "Wannabe Singers' who definitely got hooked and the ladies military drill team. They were outstanding. Plus a picture of most of the cast and me in my roles as L'il Beaver and God.

I was asked to come to Little Theater. So once a week I went to rehearse for my part in a performance of the radio show, Red Ryder. Some of you may remember and some will obviously not. Red Ryder began in the 40’s and I do remember the show. Anyway we were coming back from softball practice one day and Art mentioned Little Theater and Red Ryder and I stupidly said “you betch’em Red Ryder” in my best L’il Beaver imitation and before I knew it I was signed up for my part as L’il Beaver. I don’t consider myself a thespian but it was just a play of a radio show and all I had to do was read. No problem! Except then they added a TV show and I somehow I had two more parts. We did the Gong Show and I got the part of the “hooker” and then had to replace someone in a short skit where I played God. No problem, right! We did a matinee and an evening performance and it all went off pretty well. I didn’t make a complete fool of myself. At least nobody threw vegetables.

I don’t know that I want to do it next year. Too much of a commitment. As I have said before, “I have found what I am perfectly suited for, retirement! That to me is being footloose and fancy free. No commitments! I make an exception for softball. Me thinks that one is enough!

Kat was asked to take pictures and share her data card with another photographer and he shared with her. So we got lots of pictures and a DVD of the performance. I’m not sure that’s a good thing. One thing is glaringly apparent. I need to lose weight. L’il Beaver was not! It may sound like I get lots of exercise but it ain’t enough. Too much of the good life and too much eating out!

No comments: