Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When ya' headed out?

That is the question now in the Valley. Folks are longing for home, the kids, and grandkids, worrying about what winter left behind, or in some cases including ours, just kind of getting itchy to move on. The answers very a little from mid-March to April sometime but the migration has started. More holes in the campground on a daily basis.

We’ll be pulling out on Sunday the 21st. That’s right after spring break, we think and hope. Last year we hit spring break perfectly and it followed us all the way to Washington state. We want to not repeat that this year.

We’ll generally head east toward Georgia and our next real major stop at Upper Stamp Creek. That’s a Corps of Engineers Park near Cartersville, northwest of Marietta and Atlanta, GA, where we will volunteer for two months. But we don’t have to be there until May 1st so we have opportunity to mosey that direction visiting friends and family along the way. In July we start our Rally tour. That’s the Grand National in Louisville, the Escapade in Goshen, and I think we just added a Fleetwood Manufacturers Rally in DuQuoin IL. And in between it’s more moseying mixed in with family and friends especially in Ohio, the Heart of it All. As Fall approaches we’ll be heading back in this direction and once again take up residence in the RGV for another season of softball, Pickleball, wood carving, crafts, reunions with old, new , and more friends. And we can answer the question………………………………… “when’ja get here?”

So I just carved our itinerary in Jell-O and nailed it outside on a tree in the sun. That ought to work and you can consult it anytime. I think I spoke of commitment in my last piece. I would honor all that I make, which is why now, I would just rather not: make commitments that is. I would have made a very good Gypsy don’t you think? Kat and me. What a pair, and what a life style eh?” That’s Canadian for ‘what a lifestyle!”

No comments: