Saturday, February 19, 2011

The ‘Vapors’

It’s that time of year. All of the varying groups begin to have there potlucks and dinners before the great migration north commences. We already had the 3rd street party and there are postings on the Bulletin boards for state and various group ‘get togethers’. The woodcarvers are no exception. We just had our dinner on Thursday at Cheddars. Good food, nice people, reasonable prices, but not a place to have a function where you might want to communicate with someone without leaning over and shouting in their ear. They didn’t have a banquet room so we just got a group of booths together. And we had to wait an hour for that. We had a good time but still it was not a place conducive to our needs. I had made up a few ‘Special Achievement’ awards for some of our more ‘deserving’ woodcarvers but they will have to wait. However, here are a couple of samples.
IMG_2267 IMG_2268

And this is Nancy and Steve. IMG_2263
I think they were under the influence of ‘the vapors’ or something. This was taken after Steve, who had noticed the group behind had yet to be served, and thinking they needed fortification, and attempting to share, dumped a plate of onion rings over his head onto another reveler sitting in the booth behind him. I think Nancy and Steve don’t drink so it had to be ‘the vapors’. And this is the group behind them who consumed the aforementioned onion rings before they hit the floor.IMG_2266 They obviously had been drinking. From the seating arrangement you can probably deduce the onion ring ‘dumpee. ‘All in fun!’ And you wouldn’t want to meet nicer people than our woodcarvers in general and Nancy and Steve in particular. That’s why we keep coming back! But as I told Steve, “it will be a while before you live this down, and ‘paybacks’ are tough”!
I think I mentioned Kat had taken up sewing. Here is one of her tool pouches.IMG_2259 They are becoming quite an item with our woodcarver group. And she keeps making more. I have been told however, that if I had in mind filling up a couple of pouches with new and needed tools, I can put that notion out of my mind. I don’t need any tools and there isn’t any space anyway. Crocheting, beading, and sewing are more important. Don’t know what I was thinking??
So now! Do I put that last in or not? I do know that getting forgiveness is usually much easier than getting permission. Soooo……
I’m going for it!

No comments: