Sunday, August 15, 2010

Does that cat have legs?

We made it and had our usual excellent accommodations at Sandy and Don’s. Some day I’m going to have to look up the rule on apostrophes. Is it possessive or ain’t it? Is it, it’s, its’ or what? Maybe after reading this Sandy will clue me in. I think she wrote something about that just recently. Not directed at me, but maybe it should have been. Anyway we had our spot on the Cul-de-sac with the good electric and one ‘not too far’ trip to the nearest dump station. And after making a few holes and dents in the yard we got properly situated and had a great stay. I don’t see enough of the Ohio family but would the stays be as good if we did it too much? I dunno?



We had the family reunion and I think all who could’a, should’a made it, did. I was personally disappointed that Mike and Garrett didn’t, but I don’t put them in the should’a category. Still it was good. And my Best Man Doug, from the ‘hood’ made it all the way from Georgia. He’s not family but he’s the Best Man and we go back a long way. So far that he use to call me Ray-Ray. 60 + years. Damn!



We went to the fair and the horse races (trotters) ate out a little to often, had Donato’s pizza, bought a new recliner for the coach, but mostly, just visited and enjoyed the family and especially Sandy and Don.


Here fishy, fishy

As did Jade. She was invited in and took advantage of the offer. For a cat that is normally restricted to a 10’ by 36’ RV and a 10’ string outside. Here she was in feline heaven. A whole house and basement with all sorts of places to explore and a fenced backyard with bird feeders and birds. But then came the trains. Jade had not been exposed to trains. And for her, trains are right up there with garbage trucks, bad news without the smell but lots and lots longer. The good news was that it wasn’t too far up the steps, onto the deck, in the garage window, and under the steps. And she became very accomplished at doing it in a hurry. The only downside to the whole house and yard thing was getting her in and out. To let her walk on her string from RV to house takes an eternity. You ever walk a cat? She’s good on the string as long as your going where she wants to go. So I just got in the habit of carrying her in and out. After a week or so of that I’m pretty sure the neighbors got to wondering, ‘does that cat have legs’?



Parked out front

No comments: