Thursday, April 12, 2012

I’m Just Sayin’

For all of our BGR friends, “I’m just sayin!” Quite a kerfuffle going on with the Bobby and Bonnie thing eh? (That’s Canadian there, that eh? thing) So Bonnie is fired and apparently Barb is going to quit. The police and/or the sheriff have showed up a few times and the Y-Cook will never be the same. Soooo…… I better be careful here ‘cause sentiment is definitely running ‘agin’ me. But I just can’t get too excited about the whole thing. First I don’t know the whole story and from what I do know, I can’t see that there is going to be a big impact on what I do. Let’s examine that. I have, or do, go to woodcarving, play PickleBall, eat ice cream, play softball, play golf, been in Little Theater, eat at the Y-Cook, go to an occasional show, read the bulletin board, get the mail, go to the library, and use both swimming pools, feed the birds, ride my bike, walk, and enjoy time with all of my friends. So, “I’m just sayin’”! I think I’ll still be able to do that. OK maybe the ice cream and Y-Cook thing may be curtailed some but I need that anyway. The shows will go on I guess, ‘cause I’m betting’ the performers don’t need to be missing too many paydays, and I’m pretty sure all the other stuff was taken care of by volunteers. “I’m just sayin!” I think it’s a little too early for folks to be picking another park. So I expect that I will see all of my friends when we return. No ‘cutting off your nose, to spite your face’, as I use to hear as a child. I expect to see you all upon our return or shortly thereafter. Are we clear? I can’t hear you!! At this point you say ‘crystal’. OK! That’s better. See you in the fall, maybe early winter.

Oh! I forgot something. Maybe with a new regime we can get a bar. Margarita’s on tap! OK that’s probably wishful thinking. But we do need some forward thinking. And……………I’m just sayin’!!!!! Maybe it’ll speed up the line at the Y-Cook. Nahhh!! Never happen! But with the bar, who would care?

We went to “The Rally”. That’s the big Good Sam, Camping World rally that was held at the Phoenix Raceway. Didn’t do the motorhome thing of course. Being that we’re already parked in Phoenix. We just drove over for the day. It was OK, but quite frankly without doing the whole thing (parking there in the MH for the week) it’s just not nearly as much fun. With a day pass you don’t get all the neat seminars and entertainment. This year it was Bill Cosby and Tina McBride. And besides I’m still not at full strength and I slowed Kat down considerable. Kat looked at and bought a new GPS. From some of the language coming from the passenger side I don’t think she’s real happy with it yet. It’s the Rand McNally with the 5” screen. She didn’t want the larger one. I think it’s pretty nifty, and I’m guessing Kat will come around? In the meantime it sounds like I’m driving a longshoreman around. (I didn’t want to insult the Navy) Just kidding of course. Kat says she can get to Texas or Oregon fine, and find all the campgrounds and hotspots along the way, if it would just tell her how to get out of the Wal-Mart Parking lot. Rand McNally or Tommy in our case (that’s the voice she has chosen) starts out by telling you to ‘follow the highlighted route’. Fine, but the highlighted route doesn’t show. You have to get out of the parking lot first. Not something my true love is good at. To borrow a phrase, ‘she can’t find her way out of a closet.

So, I guess you’re all following the Obamacare/Supreme Court thing. I imagine everybody knows where I fall on the issue. The whole effort from Obama, his minions, and the media is really nothing more than puke inducing. Bunch a’ commies !!! The notion that Obama wants to do anything more than raise taxes and redistribute wealth is ludicrous. Don’t forget that the current $96 Medicare premium will be $247 in 2014. That’s Obamacare!! I did get a kick out of Judge Smith from the 5th Circuit in Texas. He’s a real ‘eyeball in the soup’ for the regime. “Three pages, single spaced, please.”

No comments: