Friday, February 17, 2012

Time to move

The Super Bowl is over and the Patriots lost. I really didn’t have a dog in that fight so it wasn’t a big deal but I still don’t like the Patriots. Neither the Patriots or the Giants were the best representatives I thought, but there they were. Another less than super Super Bowl. But how about Kyle Stanley? If you didn’t notice and you probably didn’t, he was the young golfer who led the PGA tournament of the week two weeks ago from start through the 71st hole and then was tied on the 72nd and final hole, after having a three shot lead, and then lost in the playoff. This would have been his first PGA win and meant all kinds of perks, bennies, invitations and exemptions. What a crusher!!! I mean this would have been like losing a 4 or 5 million dollar lottery after getting 71 of the first 72 numbers and losing on the 72nd. Or maybe missing the proverbial chip shot field goal to win the Super Bowl or National Championship. Being a golfing fan I can kind of relate. Your heart has to go out !! And you wonder what would this do to ones psyche. Is that something you come back from anytime soon or ever? Well, you know what? He came back and won the next weeks PGA tour event. He made about a four foot putt to close it out. Not an easy task. But it was really cool !!

On the personal front I’ve finished my last scheduled chemo and had a visit with the doctor. Everything looks pretty good. My tumor and the whatever it was on my lymph nodes is reduced in size. Cool! But, the doc is in favor of continuing chemo a while longer. He thinks another three months worth or maybe nine more treatments. And he doesn’t want me to spend too much time getting started again. Maybe a month or so. But as I think I have said, “I am not spending another summer in South Texas. Soo.. with the doctors blessing we are fixin on heading closer to home. For now we’ll head up the Rio Grande through El Paso and the I-8, I-10 corridor into NM and AZ, then CA and on up to the Northwest. Leaving on the 21st. Of course now we’ll be looking a little faster. Meaning we’re checking on VA hospitals that can handle it. We were thinking maybe Roseburg OR would work as a good base but now we’re not so sure. It will be somewhere between Phoenix and Seattle for sure. For now at least, I feel a little better every day as I get further removed from my last chemo treatment. But chemo still sucks. Although it’s hard to argue with my results.

1 comment:

greg and jean said...

Disirregardless you will be missed here in Bentsen Grove....see you next fall !!!