Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hot Running Cold Water

IMG_2635
Co. A 15th Ohio                                            Check the Outdoor temperature

Hot Running Cold Water is what you get when you turn on the cold water in a recreational vehicle when it’s 110 degrees outside and the water lines are not as well insulated as they might otherwise be in a ‘stick and brick’. We could probably run the water say………. till maybe……… November and it might cool off? Might? I’m not saying it’s hot or anything, but Jade took a drink out of her outside water dish and parboiled her tongue. Man! Did we get some dirty looks.
So in this heat we are likely to have a smoothie for breakfast. I’m trying different recipes but mostly it’s bananas and strawberries. I usually use the packaged mix but lately we’ve been trying yogurt too. So there’s a useless piece of information. But I think when I made a note to mention smoothies I had something else in mind. But if I did, I don’t now and you’re stuck with it. I think that’s in the scriptures somewhere, the Blog Scriptures anyway. And maybe somebody out there has something relevant to say about the whole smoothie issue? Kat says she might like to try an Ovaltine smoothie which sounds kinda’ interesting. Maybe that was it? But then wouldn’t that be just an Ovaltine shake?
We were talking to some folks here, actually the RV repair couple we have used here in Hondo, and they were telling us about a piece of property they bought down in the Carrizo Springs area. Turns out the area is another of the largest oil fields in the country. Now I don’t know about you, but I’m getting pretty damn mad at hearing about all the oil we have in this country while at the same time paying $3.60 a gallon at the pump. There’s the Bakken oil field in the Dakotas and Montana, the huge field somewhere under the Rocky Mountains that is supposedly bigger, and now the one in Texas. If you cast around the internet you will read that there is more oil within our borders here in the good ol’ US of A than in all the middle east combined. What the @#$%@ !!!! I don’t know how much of this is verified and certified by Google, or Snopes or whatever, but I’m relatively certain that I’m being screwed with. Yesterday we drove into San Antonio and happened to pass a manufactured home dealer who had this huge sign hanging over his lot. OIL FIELD Homes For Sale! I’m guessing they weren’t shipping these suckers to Saudi Arabia!!!!! I don’t much care what some Hollywood type or tree hugger says, it is time to tell them all to ‘put it where the sun don’t shine’ and kick their political dumb ass friends out. So when I hear that some pencil neck thinks Rick Perry or Michelle Bachman are too divisive or mean spirited, I know they must be on the right track, and I say good on’em, and keep it up!
And you think that’s bad?? We went to get some Black Oil Sunflower seed for the birds the other day. $25.50 for a 25 lb bag. What ???................ Yup!! Over a buck a pound. So I said we’re gonna’ have some hungry birds. But we walked around looking at the rest of the feed store. I mean feed stores in Texas are where it’s happin’in. Right up there with Tractor Supply on Friday night. Anyway I find this dead little mouse in the corner and go over and report it to the counter guy. He said “better dead than alive’ and I said “he must have heard about your sunflower seed prices too!” True story! Swear!! I did find a 25 lb bag for only $19.95 down the road. At an even cooler feed store. I’m tellin’ya! So when we get home I go out and have a talk with the birds. We have this whole discussion about rising prices and stuff and I think I’m pretty clear and all. Next thing I know, I look out and we’ve got 6 or 7 LBJ’s pushing out seed to a gaggle of lard ass doves on the ground. Ingrates. ………………………………….Jade is enjoying the carnage.
OK! I was kidding about Jade’s tongue, and the carnage.

IMG_2649
And this boys and girls is how you……………………..

1 comment:

Duane and Louise said...

Looks like you have been watching "outwest woodcarver" Great job on the head.