Friday, May 20, 2011

For the Record

Or in this first case, one for the record books. I’m talking about a record ‘hot flash’ for me. It started last night around midnight and lasted ‘till around 7:00 this AM. It seemed that way anyway. It was a warm muggy night in South Texas. But I survived and I’m ready to write. Hooo…waaaaah !!!!!!! I know that’s what you were thinking.

I watched Sarah last night on Hannity. Is she the only Republican possibility with a pair? Her and, oh what’s her butt! Damn! Writers block! The other female possibility in the race. Seriously, Sarah Palin and ‘what’s her butt’ are the only possible candidates for President who have any Huevos. I loved it a couple of weeks ago when Sarah said the other Republicans needed to learn to ‘fight like girls’. Sad, but true. In deference to my young Grand Nephew, Tim, Ron Paul would qualify as having a ‘pair’. But! While I subscribe to the Libertarian view of fiscal and social politics, I have a bit of a hard time with his stance on defense, though surprisingly, you might say, not on drugs. I’ll handle that if my reader[(S) get it?] throw things at me. Michelle Bachman !!!!!!! Whew! So ‘for the record’ I am a fan of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman. I know that they haven’t ‘declared’ yet, but I can hope.

And, ‘for the record’. How could you not be political right now. Gas is $4.00 a gallon and we can’t drill of refine yet we send money to Brazil so they can, unemployment is a steady 9% or 10%. And that’s a low ball estimate. Housing is in the tank, the southern border is non-existent. You might draw a line in the sand with more authority. High school graduates can’t read at a 5th or 6th grade level, and we’re spending money like drunken sailors. All the while the press and mainstream media seem to be fine with it. ‘For the record’ I’m ready for a ‘change’. This ‘change’ just ain’t working out. ‘Throw the Bums out’!

In my other lifetime as a Manager of a large workforce, on election day, I use to walk around at quitting time and remind my people to not to forget to vote. I’m going to have to renege on that. I think that now I would rather most folks just stay home. Maybe we would fair a little better. And my people were ‘union members. Damn! Maybe it’s all my fault?

Here’s another ‘for the record’. Why do I write this stuff? Well, it keeps family and friends informed of our whereabouts and condition, and I can do it ‘en masse’. Plus, I enjoy writing and having and expressing an opinion, but mostly I really do ‘do it’ ‘for the record’. I never knew my mom or much about my family at all until I started genealogy and getting on line and asking questions. As part of that I found a couple of diary’s of my moms and read them. They weren’t long or greatly informative but it gave me a little insight. From that, I learned that someday, someone of a current or future generation is going to want to know more about a predecessor. So I have done the genealogy and that’s the basics of it. But now I write because the basics just doesn’t seem adequate. So you see I have to write about what is on my mind. Someday it will provide someone who is interested a pretty good glimpse into who and what I/we were. “For the Record”

Now I have to send an email to let you all know there are some new posts to Randy’s Blog. Didn’t do it last time because I was not quite done with my thought. And now it will kind of serve as a test to see who checks to see if I’ve written something recently. Oh yeah! I’m checking on you. And what I’m finding is, it doesn’t really matter what I write ‘cause maybe there’s nobody out there. Hello…………… Is anybody out there? Send me a comment. Hellooooo!! Be nice though, for I am in control.

5 comments:

Duane and Louise said...

Yep we are here. Well, we are in Las Vegas right now, but here on your blog. By the way, good job on the carvings. Keep wrighting, I'll keep reading.
Carve on
Duane

Duane and Louise said...

I take it you don't know who I am. We met at Escapade in IN. I was teaching carving there, you helped out. We are Class of 06, went to 2 Hams rig for a gathering. That help?

greg and jean said...

I concur !!!

Wisconsin just passed a voter ID law....my cousin the librarian is UPSET....this new law is criminal !!! And yet she won't let people take books out of her library without proper ID.

Timothy said...

Hey - you know I always read your posts!! And Tim just bought me a copy of "Atlas Shrugged". He was reading it when they were here in March and when I said I had not read it, he of course remembered and got it for me when they were here last week. I didn't realize that it was written in the 50's - relating to The Fountainhead, I was thinking it was much earlier. Aunt Mary said she would love to have one of your "really small" carvings - she doesn't have much space in her room. Keep up the good work little bro'!!

Mike said...

I was here....