Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jade’s Texas Room and Oranges

I don’t suppose our Jade is any more spoiled than lots of family pets. Though it sure does seem like it at times. This being one of those times. Now she has her own Texas Room. For the uninitiated that is a screened in porch or room added to a trailer, fifth wheel, park model, or in some cases even a motorhome. Jade’s version is not attached but of course it is anchored. IMG_2321 IMG_2322 This is Texas and everything weighing less than 20 lbs or having a surface area over 2 sq feet has to be anchored. There have been unsubstantiated reports of smaller tag-along trailers disappearing overnight. Some would say that’s an exaggeration, but ‘I don’t know?’ Anyway Kat found this, ‘on clearance’, for Jade and of course, couldn’t resist. And who am I to argue?

So while Jade lounged in her Texas Room, Kat and I picked oranges. Our tree was loaded as you can see and it is that time of year. IMG_2293 (2) I doubt you can see them but the orange tree is just covered with blossoms for next years oranges. I don’t know much about orange tree propagation but we’re told we have to pick the oranges or it won’t produce next year. We’ve been watering too, and I think that will help some. The trees do look better than when we arrived. So maybe we’ll have some better fruit next year. Some fruit is better than others here in the park and it is probably due to differences in care. Ours fruit was just OK. Certainly ‘nothing to write home about’. But then I guess I just proved that wrong. Anyway I sit at the picnic table and sampled some oranges and grapefruit occasionally. That’s neat for a boy from Ohio but our fruit was not the best. And now I have to do the grapefruit tree. And in case you’re wondering? They went in the dumpster.

No comments: