Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Easy Bleeders











Because of our exceptionally poor weather I haven’t sat outside and done as much woodcarving as I would like. But I’m still into carving and learning from some of the folks in our club. The Easy Bleeders if you forgot. We had a show and demonstration in the hall just recently and it went very well. I think pretty near all of our members either had a table of their own or shared a table with someone. I shared a table with Russ(lower right). We displayed a few of our things and worked on something of our choice. I brought my little bag of tools and sharpening stuff to show how little you really need to take up woodcarving, even as a full time RV’er. Lots of folks came to see what was happening and we strutted our stuff so to speak. You can see some of our guys and gals. Tom(behind me at right) is the designated leader and the carver I have learned the most from. Bill Brown (Brownie) and Jean(left side) are long time Easy Bleeders and Nina(upper right, seated) is one of our most accomplished. She has won some prestigious competitions. All in all a really neat group and certainly one of the reasons we keep coming back.

We went to the Rally on the Rio in Pharr, just down the road a piece. It’s an annual carving show and competition. I got a couple of ideas and new tools and stocked up on wood for the coming summer in Georgia. Now all I have to do is find a place to store it. I guess I’ll just have to through something else out. Got to keep my priorities straight.

No comments: