Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reorganization, Again

So in Winters, at Toni’s, while Kat and Toni went shopping I did some reorganization, ‘again!’ It’s not easy moving all your stuff from one RV to another even if is a little bigger. It’s still different and shape and configuration matter. I can hear what your thinking, “but you’re so good at this”. Yeah well “#&$#@”. Remember there are two of us with all of our worldly possessions and what I may think is important to be accessible may not be exactly the way it is. If you take my meaning? And remember the girls went shopping, so storage priorities can change, ‘in a hurry.’

I guess if your from anywhere near Sacramento or the Bay area you would know about Apple Hill. But we didn’t know about Apple Hill and it was the right time of year to go to Apple Hill, so Tony took us. If you go east from the ‘Govenators’ house it’s probably an hour into the Sierra foothills. And it is what it sounds like. Lots of orchards and produce and the associated farms and stands to sell it. But in some cases ‘stands’ does not cover it. Some of the farms have set up autumn or harvest festival areas. I guess an October fest setting would be an apt description. Vendors, eateries, crafts and the seasonal Halloween family stuff. All very nice. We had lunch, bought some stuff and had an adult beverage or two and didn’t come back with more than we can load into my reorganized RV. No small task with Toni!

Toni is an RV’er too, but in a little more permanent mode right now with some storage and way too much ‘stuff’ and a mentality that just demands more ‘stuff’. As I implied above, she is a ‘shopper’. Now I mean all this in the nicest way ‘cause Toni may have been just Kat’s friend when I met her, but now she is my friend too and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can hear you thinking, here comes the ‘but’ and you are right. But! We have a really hard time controlling Toni’s urge to make sure we have more ‘stuff’ that we just gotta have. We did OK this time though. We controlled both her desire to share the wealth with what she already has and her desire to buy us something new. I didn’t have to empty any basement storage compartments or anything to fit it in. And it was nice to see her again. She really is a good friend!

No comments: