Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rick and Tina's




We stopped in Eatonville for a few days to see Kat’s son Rick and his family. Tina and the grandkids Tyler and Cheyenne are all well, as is Rick. We didn’t get to see much of Rick. He left the evening we got there to attend ‘labor relation’ classes or some such in the big city. One of the big cities, maybe Spokane? We did have a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesdays in Puyallup with most of the Washington side of the family. Troy and Mike were there along with Kat’s half sister Kim. We all got there separately and embarrassingly enough Kat didn’t even recognize Courtney (Mike’s daughter) when she came in. In Kat’s defense Courtney came in by herself and kids do grow up and change. I don’t remember the head count but there must have been a dozen or so. It was good to see them all!

We got a look at Rick’s new trailer. New used anyway. And very nice! We were hoping to have them come over to our next stop at Scenic Beach but they were not able to make it! Maybe next time.

Speaking of Puyallup. There’s a one word tongue twister! Say that real fast 7 or 8 times. Sometimes I get it right once. There are probably lots of words I would mispronounce but they are words I don’t know or haven’t heard and don’t see often or at all. I cannot say Puyallup out load without first saying it to myself a couple of times. Just one of those things? (Pu yallup- pu yallup- pu-allup- pew allup-pewallup) There I got it! Until next time anyway. But I can read Sequim. It’s a town in Washington on the Olympic Peninsula. Kat always reads seequim. I always correct her. Squim! It’s pronounced squim!!! She can say it she just can’t read it. I’m reminded of a phone conversation with my cousin Nancy who lives near Chicago. She gave me a hard time about some of our names here in the Northwest. I replied, “ and this is coming from a person who lives in ellanoise? Illinois!

No comments: